About Christian Munk1
Christian Munk (born 1991) is a master in linguistics from University of Copenhagen and a self-taught typographer, who has just returned to Copenhagen after living in Oxford for two years working for Oxford University Press.
See my fonts.
Where else can you find me?
What have I contributed to?
Website created in February 2018 in Oxford, United Kingdom by Christian Munk. Built with grav CMS. Layout based on the Cacti theme.
- EB Garamond by Georg Duffner (sil ofl),
- IM Fell French Canon and IM Fell Double Pica, both digitally reproduced by Igino Marini,
- Junicode by Peter S. Baker (sil ofl) for showing special symbols, for example, the medieval letters ꝺ, ꝼ, ᵹ, ꞃ, ꞅ, ꞇ and ꝣ,
- Unifraktur Maguntia by J. “Mach” Wust (sil ofl),
Truetypewriter PolyglOTTby Sergey Beatoff alias “Sam_T” (sil ofl),
- DROPCAP, an insular typeface of my own creation made in FontStruct,
- Asea (Ασέα) and Alexander (Αλέξανδρος) by George Douros (free for personal, non-commercial use) for showing certain obsolete Greek letters, for example Ϝ ϝ, Ͱ ͱ, Ϻ ϻ, Ϙ ϙ, Ϡϡ,
- Scheherezade (شهرزاد) by sil International (sil ofl) for arabic text,
- Keter YG (כֶּתֶר יג) by Yoram Gnat (gnu gpl) for hebrew text,
- BabelStone Shapes by Andrew West (sil ofl) for showing Creative Commons symbols, and
- OpenMoji (👍😃❤) 🅭🅯🄎.
Unless otherwise stated, all text on this website was written by Christian Munk and released under a Creative Commons Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike 4.0 International License 🅭🅯🄏🄎.
Feel free to write to me, if you have any questions about the contents of this website or about language or typography in general. You can reach me on the following address:
hi [at] christianmunk [dot] dk